Winter Nights provides:
- A warm, safe place to sleep for —homeless families from October to June
- Indoor tents for family privacy with sleeping pads, sleeping bags, pillows and linens
- Daytime “Oasis” (service center at St. Vincent de Paul Society of Contra Costa County) for the parents to job search, access services, find low-income housing, shower.
- Breakfast and dinner served by host volunteers
- Brown bag lunch fixings every day
- Transportation to school each day for the children
- Case management by Program Manager
- Bus and BART tickets for adults to get to work
- Tutoring and mentoring by volunteers from over 50 congregations
- Opportunities to expunge records in the Homeless Court
- Hope Conference, United Way SparkPoint and other programs provide assistance to the families as they await longer-term housing with Shelter, Inc. and other housing providers.
- Data for the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS)
- Program monitoring and quality assurance
- Professional staff on duty whenever guests are at the shelter